Updated: Apr 7, 2020
Self-defense is NOT just for boys Everyone deserves to learn how to defend themselves. Self-protection is needed by girls as well as boys.
Many people think that girls are fragile and can’t effectively learn to defend themselves. Often times the opposite is true. Girls are tougher mentally and physically than we give them credit for. Girls are at risk of violence equal to, if not more, than boys.
You have any idea how many physical and sexual assaults are perpetrated against females in the country happen each year? Who would not want their daughter, sister, or wife to learn the basic skills necessary to protect themselves? Self-defense training builds CONFIDENCE
· Too many young girls lack self-confidence, not because they are weak, but rather that they are lacking the opportunities needed for them to grow the necessary skills.
· Having an array of conflict resolution skills both verbal and physical provides solutions that allow individuals to be more confident when facing problems.
Self-defense training increases FITNESS
· Self-defense training provides opportunities to be more active. Healthy activities improve general fitness.
· Girls now more than ever live a sedentary lifestyle full of junk food with zero healthy calories.
· Studies show that a child should get 1 hour per day, 5 days per week of healthy activity and self-defense training provides a great way to meet that goal.
Self-defense training build FRIENDSHIPS
· In this age of technology, almost everyone spends more time than ever before in front of a screen rather than having face-to-face interaction with others.
· Physical training with live partners builds shared experiences that help them bond together and that creates long-lasting relationships.
Self-defense training builds FOCUS
· Learning new skills that require attention to detail increases a female’s ability (through practice) to focus their mind on the task at hand.
· It seems that the average person nowadays has the attention span of less than a squirrel. It may be due to our dependence on technology.
· Self-defense training is time away from a tablet, computer, or smartphone and requires using their brain, instead of just their fingers.
Self-defense training builds DISCIPLINE
· Many of today’s young people lack enough structure, guidance, and positive role models.
· Structure creates discipline that leads to success in life.
· Without mental discipline, a girl is too often acting on impulse, which leads to getting into trouble or caught up in situations that are unhealthy.
For information on how you can help a girl become stronger, more confident, improve her fitness, make more friends, have focus and discipline, reach out to me, either by phone 8174275425 or email: email@example.com. I would love to help.